Trinity is currently recruiting Retired Educators, Career Counsellors, & Education Workers to volunteer as Trainer/Facilitators in our high school programs.
This unique offering is an exciting opportunity for retired educators in the Toronto area to train and mentor Peer Leaders in Toronto District School Board schools.
The Retired Educator will ‘adopt-a-school’ and train Peer Leaders to use drama and art exercises and talking circles as facilitation tools to lead a series of ongoing peer mentoring workshops that address a variety of issues that contribute to the school environment – respect, bullying, harassment, conflict resolution, substance abuse, equity, racism, etc.
By taking part in this opportunity, you are becoming a part of a social vehicle that offers younger and older generations the opportunity to interact and become engaged in issues concerning our society. The skills and experience you offer will be invaluable to our Peer Leaders and will enrich your own appreciation for intergenerational sharing.
Ongoing – approx. 8-10 days per year during the school year (September – June). Includes 1-2 day training
The Retired Educator will receive a 1-2 day “train the trainer” training session (offered in person or online and customized to fit a busy schedule), before adopting a school. The Retired Educators will also be highly supported throughout the school year by Trinity staff and other Retired Educators on the committee.
- Participants and facilitators support each other by sharing wisdom and resources. This interaction ultimately creates more vibrant and cohesive communities.
- An opportunity to remain productive and engaged in the education community.
- Mentoring and making a difference in the lives of children and/or youth.
- A social opportunity – monthly social gatherings and brainstorming sessions with other Retired Educators and the Co-Directors.
- “Trinity Trainer” Certification
- Minimal time commitment – approximately 8-10 days per year
- Honoraria for out-of-pocket/mileage expenses
How to Get Involved:
If this unique opportunity sounds like a good fit, we want you on our team!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-421-4888 to get involved.
Contact person: Colleen Walker, Executive Assistant